zaterdag 2 januari 2016

January 2nd 2016

Hi everyone,

first of all, a very happy and especially healthy New Year. I hope 2016 will be great in many ways.
I have been away for a while. Very busy with things outside the internet.

It has been quite busy here, with family, volunteering, the choir, you name it.
The new knitting and crochet café is doing great and now there are going to be two monthly gatherings. It is so much fun.There are some ladies that are very good in quilting and they offered to teach quilting during the gatherings.


Here you see our New Year treats : oliebollen and apple beignets. They are so delicious and gone now ; )


This was our Christmas tree for 2015. We already put it away again.
On January 1st, we watched the New Year's concert from Vienna and the ski jumping.
While watching, we put away all the Christmas decorations.
I love the decorations, but I love to have everything in its normal place again too.


This was the decoration on the coffee table.

I finished thew gloves I made for my daughter and now I'm making socks for a friend and they are nearly finished too.

I hope you are all having a great time too.








11 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello there, it sounds like you had a nice Christmas and love your tree! Wishing you a happy and healthy new year!
    Hugs Julie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The food looks yummy and I love the gloves too. Your daughter would be very happy to receive them I am sure. Happy New Year!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Nanna Chel, thank you very much. She loves the gloves, although it is too warm to wear them here ; )

      Verwijderen
  3. Mooie handschoenen!
    Oliebollen en appelbeignets hadden we hier ook , al waren ze te snel weg om nog een fatsoenlijke foto te maken!
    Gelukkig 2016!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hoi Franca, dankjewel, ja hier waren de bollen en beignets ook snel op, ook al zijn we maar met z'n drietjes ; )

      Verwijderen
  4. Hi Monique, Happy New Year! I hope it is a brilliant one. Your apple fritters look delicious...
    I left you a little reply on my blog. Enjoy your tidy January house! Mine is still full of pine needles and cookie crumbs! : )

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Alex. I'm sure your house will be ready for the new year soon too ; ) By the way I love your new place. Good luck in the new year !! I saw your comment ; )

      Verwijderen
  5. Happy New Year! Love the gloves you made. I made fingerless mitts for my daughter for Christmas. Not as complicated as yours - only need to pick up a thumb!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you very much. These gloves were knitted on two needles and the thumbs were knitted separately ; )

      Verwijderen
  6. hallo monique,
    happy new year!
    die handschuhe sind wunderschön!!!
    wünsche dir eine schöne woche,
    alles liebe,
    regina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen