Welcome to Romancing the Ordinary

zaterdag 4 oktober 2014

Summer in October

Hi everyone,

first of all, thank you so much for your sweet comments and welcome to the new followers!!
It might be Autumn now, but it feels like Summer here in The Netherlands. We are having wonderful temperatures.


 Here's a lovely dragonfly that comes for a visit now and then. It rests on the birdfeeder.
I love dragonflies !!


A beautiful butterfly on my asters.
The neighbourhood is getting more and more bare. Our neighbours have taken all the trees and plants out of their garden and replaced it with stone. There's only a little bunch of ornamental grass in their front garden and that is it.
My garden is becoming a harbor for all kinds of creatures and I love it. I planted a lot of bee and butterfly plants in my garden and the birds love to visit too.

A few weeks ago we went for an outing and found these wonderful Autumn fruits.


I finished my cardigan and all it needs are some buttons, which I have already bought.


I started on a sleeveless slipover. It is also made with leftover yarn I got from my mother.


Here's a close-up of the colours. For some reason it was flipped on the side.

I have been making jam too. Rhubarb-ginger jam and it is delicious. I got 5 jars, so that will last us for a while.

Have a wonderful day.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi,Monique,
    Looks you have early beautiful autumn! Here, I fell summer is still here. but temperature is gradually going down. It must have been a lot of work to finish your cardigan. Your slip over is pretty. The combination of the pink, blue and brown is so lovely. Love to see them from your mother.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Tomoko, thank you very much. The other colour on the slipover is dark red. I have a very poor camera ; )
      My mom had all that leftover yarn and she can't knit anymore herself, so she gave it all to me ; )
      Have a great day.

      Verwijderen