maandag 6 oktober 2014

Baking day

Hi everyone, 

Eventhough I had my fast day today, I made two cakes. Tomorrow we have the repair club and I promissed to make something to go with the tea and coffee.
With my birthday money and gift certificates, I bought a book with recipes and the baking form that goes with it. It is called The Zeeuwse knoop (Zeeuwse button). "Zeeuwse" comes from the province we live in: Zeeland.




This first cake is a normal recipe. 250 gram real butter, 250 gram fine sugar, 250 gram selfrising flour, some vanilla sugar, some citrus juice and 5 eggs. Mix it all up and bake for about an hour on 160 degrees celsius. Check if it is dry when you put a stick or needle in it, otherwise leave it a bit longer.



The next cake is a Flemmish recipe. I had never tried this before, but it is a recipe from the book I mentioned before. This is made with 250 gram plain flower, 250 gram real butter, 200 gram sugar, 3 eggs and raisins. Mix butter, sugar and eggs first, than add flour and the raisins, which had been standing in water, were siffed and rolled in flour, are added last. Bake for about an hour on 170 degrees celsius. Check if it is dry with a needle or small stick. If it's not dry yet, just leave it a little bit longer.


This is the baking form. It is so pretty, you can use it to decorate with too ; )


These are buttons for a mens' shirt in one of the local wears of the province of Zeeland.
They used this form to create the baking form.  I love it. This form is very popular in The Netherlands at the moment. There's lots of jewelry around with this form too, old and new.

Have a wonderful day.

9 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh my goodness...it looks just delicious! :0)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you so much Mari !! This afternoon I will know if it tastes good.It looks almost too pretty to eat ; )

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous baking form!! So beautiful! I love it and ,of course, your cake too!
    Have a good new week.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Mooi is het in ieder geval, lekker vast ook!
      Ik kreeg in een gezin het kookboek voor de Zeeuwse knop ( kan natuurlijk ook in andere vormen). De vorm staat nog even op mijn verlanglijstje.
      Leuk om dit hier alvast te zien!

      Verwijderen
    2. Thank you very much Tomoko ; )

      Franca, de vorm werkt echt fantastisch !! Echt een aanrader.

      Verwijderen
  4. What a very pretty cake!!
    Years ago, I visited the Zuiderzee Museum. It was a very interesting, enjoyable place.
    Blessings,
    Anne♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Anne. The Zuiderzee museum is fantastic. I was born not far from there ; )

      Verwijderen
  5. Hello, This is the prettiest cake form, and your cake looks delicious! I have never seen a pan quite like this. I would love to have one of my own! I have a plain one.
    I would love to have a slice of it m-m-m- good
    Blessings, Roxy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. hello monique,
    so eine schöne kuchenbackform habe ich noch nie gesehen. da macht das backen spass!!!!
    wünsche dir eine schöne woche,
    alles liebe regina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen