zaterdag 6 september 2014

Busy bee

A picture made by my daughter.

It has been a while since my last post, but we have been a bit busy.
I celebrated my 50th birthday on August 28 and that was a long birthday weekend.
School started again and we have been trying to get back to normal since then, but there were painters in the kitchen, workers in the street in front of our home, the start of a pop choir we became a member of, so lots to do.
In between all those activities, the household and other chores still had to be done too.

Our kitchen was painted after we had water through the ceiling. There was such a lot of rain a few weeks ago, the water on the roof just couldn't go through the drainpipe fast enough, so it came into the kitchen. All is well now. Everything has dried and the walls and ceiling look crispy white again.
We will have to put back the  kitchen shelves and  herb cupboard, but after that it is finished.

Tomorrow a new minister will make his entry in our local church. We will sing with our little choir.
It will be a long service with speaches and music.

A new novel by Jan Karon is in the shops. I can hardly wait to go back to Mitford again.
I hope it is a nice book. I will have to wait and see.


This is the new book.



I will have to get busy in the garden again too. Bulbs have to be planted, there's some weeding to be done. Above you see a new plant I bought this afternoon. It is an echinacea. It has a wonderful colour.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend too.



4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello, Happy Birthday to you! You share a birthday with two very special people in my life.May you have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings, Roxy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Happy "late" Birthday wishes! So sorry the rain came in, but the new paint should be nice now. I'm looking forward to the new Mitford book too! I've been reading through the series again and plan on reading this new one too.
    Enjoy your day!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Happy Birthday Monique! How wonderful that you had such a wonderful weekend :) m.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Glad to have found your blog again! I see from your sidebar that your sweet Charlie is gone. I'm so sorry, I know how painful the loss of a furry family member can be~
    Hugs))
    Laurie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen